We are a specialist surveying company, combining traditional surveying techniques with modern techniques such as mobile mapping, photogrammetry and Virtual Reality surveying. Geocurve ‘Leads by Innovation’.
- Unrivalled editing department leading the market with information delivery and innovation.
- Leading best practice within the industry, the ‘go to company’ for all UAV and Mobile Mapping survey requirements nationally with a name known by all and a reputation of being innovative, professional and the full survey solution.
- Innovating ideas to complement our work strategy and growing to develop our current client base into a vast network.
- Delivering the highest quality product and service, constantly raising the standard of the Mobile Mapping and UAV industry.
- The company that people want to work for and be associated with.
- Working as a cohesive team, embracing innovation, creativity and forward thinking.
- Embracing a culture that is ‘safe’ to work within, a learning environment with no blame where all our team have exciting opportunities to develop and contribute.
- A ‘family’ atmosphere where we respect and trust each other, congratulating both individual and team success.
Geocurve 2000 to 2018
2000 - 2009
- 04/2000 - contract for Mowlems at Lowestoft Waste Water Treatment Centre
- 06/2001 - Bungay bypass for Jacksons Civil Engineering
- 02/2003 - Movers Lane for Amec (RMG)
- 2004 - Gary Nel establishes GN Site Engineers, supplying site engineering expertise to construction sites
- 03/2004 - Garrison for Sir Robert McAlpine
- 2007 - start with Anglia Water Alliance working for Barhale
- GN Site Engineers becomes limited company.
- 01/2010 - start at Abberton Reservoir for Carillion
- Team of 5 engineers on this contract for 3 years.
- GN Site Engineers Ltd implements UAV's
- 02/2012 - acquire first Swinglet fixed wing UAV by Sensefly in the UK
- 05/2012 - permission for Aerial Work from CAA
- 01/2013 - purchase the first EBEE by Sensefly in the UK
- 06/2013 - order first S800 by DJI in the UK
- GN Site Engineers Ltd maps Abberton Reservoir with EBEE fixed wing UAV.
- 8 EBEE flights - 8 km2 - 2010 photos - 15 billion 3D points.
- GN Site Engineers assists LSS to develop point thinning for UAV applications.
- Start trial on Norfolk Broads for biggest UAV survey to date for BAM Nuttall.
- GN Site Engineers Ltd separates UAV department into UKAEROVISION Ltd.
- Continue trials on Norfolk Broads.
- UKAV completes the first paid section of trials on Norfolk Broads.
- Norfolk Broads section1 - 28 EBEE flights - 17km of bathymetric survey - 12 days of manual survey.
- UKAEROVISION Ltd secures and deliver Norfolk Broads survey.
- 01/2015 - Successful in securing the entire Norfolk Broads survey for BAM Nuttall.
- 230km embankments - 135km bathymetric survey - 310 EBEE flights - 58 days processing.
- To date this still proves to be the biggest single survey done by UAV in the UK.
- GN Site Engineers Ltd and UKAEROVISION Ltd merges into Geocurve Ltd.
- 04/2015 - Geocurve Ltd is formed.
- Geocurve start talks with CH2M on TEAM2100 project.
- 04/2015 - Geocurve completes the first Hinkley Point C Power Station UAV survey for EDF (Under special CAA permission).
- Geocurve becomes part of the Strat Aero group.
- First company in UK to get CAA permission to operate in congested areas.
- Acquires special CAA permission to operate Extended Visual Line of Sight (EVLOS) and to a ceiling height of 650 feet.
- Geocurve becomes a member of - Constructionline - Assos RICS - CHAS - AVETTA - Essex Chamber of Commerc.
- 01/2016 - Geocurve completes trial section on TEAM2100 project successfully.
- 08/2016 - Geocurve secures an 8 year framework on TEAM2100 after competitive tender.
- Geocurve successfully completes 115km of 3D flood defence survey - 115km of 4k UAV video survey - 115km of UAV 3D survey.
- 03/2017 - Geocurve plays a key part in TEAM2100 winning the Innovation award at the Environment Agency's Project Excellence Awards March 2017.
- 05/2017 - Geocurve plays a key part in TEAM2100 winning Esri UK 2017 Customer Success Award, 'Data Collection category' at May 2017 Annual Conference.
- 09/2017 - Geocurve plays a key part in TEAM2100 winning 2 NEC Techfest awards; 1) Innovation of the Year: Big Data and 2) Project Team of the Year.
- Geocurve starts Mobile Mapping department.
- Geocurve won the Mobile scanning of the Thames Flood Defence contract for TEAM2100.
- Geocurve purchases the first Leica Pegasus Two Ultimate in Europe - Also first survey company in UK to purchase the Leica Pegasus Backpack - and now the only company in UK to own both the Leica Backpack and the Leica Pegasus.