Mobile Mapping Survey
Mobile mapping surveys have transformed the methods and speeds at which we can capture accurate 3D data. Geocurve has not only purchased the first Leica Pegasus:Two Ultimate in Europe, but we are also the first survey company to buy the Leica Pegasus Backpack and the first company in UK to own both the Leica Pegasus:Two and a Leica Pegasus Backpack.
5 reasons why Geocurve has chosen the market leading Pegasus:Two Ultimate
- Biggest USP – Pegasus:Two allows for accurate 3D data capture without the need of installing control.
- Accurate 3D measuring; directly from point cloud data, from oblique image or on oblique image using point cloud data in the background.
- Relative accuracy of Z+F 9012 is 1mm.
- Combine spherical image and colourised point cloud.
- Built in power supply- Pegasus:Two internal battery works for 10 hours.
Leica Pegasus:Two Ultimate
- Boat Mounted – This setup has two GPS antennas that allows for real time accurate data capture without the need for ground control.
- Car Mounted – No need for ground control allows for surveying without the need for traffic control measures to be put in place.
Pegasus Survey Benefits:
- No need to access the foreshore (boat mounted) while capturing accurate 3D data.
- Due to being mobile, a speedier survey directly decreases risk.
- Vehicle mounted Pegasus:Two allows for accurate 3D data capture with no need for traffic control and no need for surveyors working on foot amongst live traffic.
- It allows capturing data under overhangs and un-accessible areas that will be very risky to capture in any other way.
- Due to speed and accuracy this method allows for repeatable surveys to support comparison between data sets.