Mobile Mapping Survey
Mobile mapping surveys have transformed the methods and speeds at which we can capture accurate 3D data. Geocurve has not only purchased the first Leica Pegasus:Two Ultimate in Europe, but we are also the first survey company to buy the Leica Pegasus Backpack. Geocurve is the first company in UK to own both the Leica Pegasus:Two and a Leica Pegasus Backpack.
5 reasons why Geocurve has chosen the market leading Pegasus:Two Ultimate
- Biggest USP – Pegasus:Two allows for accurate 3D data capture without the need of installing control.
- Accurate 3D measuring; directly from point cloud data, from oblique image or on oblique image using point cloud data in the background.
- Relative accuracy of Z+F 9012 is 1mm.
- Combine spherical image and colourised point cloud.
- Built in power supply- Pegasus:Two internal battery works for 10 hours.
Leica Pegasus:Two Ultimate
- Boat Mounted – This setup has two GPS antennas that allows for real time accurate data capture without the need for ground control.
- Car Mounted – No need for ground control allows for surveying without the need for traffic control measures to be put in place.
Pegasus Survey Benefits:
- No need to access the foreshore (boat mounted) while capturing accurate 3D data.
- Due to being mobile, a speedier survey directly decreases risk.
- Vehicle mounted Pegasus:Two allows for accurate 3D data capture with no need for traffic control and no need for surveyors working on foot amongst live traffic.
- It allows capturing data under overhangs and un-accessible areas that will be very risky to capture in any other way.
- Due to speed and accuracy this method allows for repeatable surveys to support comparison between data sets.